WISDOM – Waiting on God | Bishop Solly Lalamani
1Woe to those who go down to Egypt for help, And rely on horses, Who trust in chariots because they are many, And in horsemen because they are very strong, But who do not look to the Holy One of Israel, Nor seek the LORD!
- We all don’t want to wait – traffic, debt, marriage, success
- Learn the difference between no and not yet
- You are in hurry and God is not – Ecclesiastes 3:11 (NCV) God has given them a desire to know the future. He does everything just right and on time, but people can never completely understand what he is doing.
- God is more intreste in your charecter
The Six Requirements for Waiting on God
- Faith – You must trust him. it take faith to wait on him in his timing he will provide.
- Patience – Psalm 37:1Do not fret because of evildoers, Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity.
- Courage – Joshua1: 9 “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”
- Determination- the more you disobey the softer the voice the voice
- Strength – nobody can change the voice of God
- Endurance – obey God and leave the rest to God
Five Things To Remember In Waiting
- Natural delay between sowing and reaping.
- There is a unseen battle going on – Eph 6:12; Dan 10:11- 12
- God is preparing me for his blessing- 1Pet 1:6-7. Waiting is always a test.
- That I am good company-Heb 11:2
- That God keeps his promises- don’t focus on what you don’t have but what he has 7000 promises Habakkuk 2:3
Four Things To Do In Waiting
- Write down the lessons you are leaning- the way to the promise land is through the wilderness Number 33:2a Moses kept the record.
- Act as thou I already have it- wonder why worry how whine when Mark 11:24. Romans 4:17 God calls things that are not as though they were. Abraham. Pregnant lady expecting
- Imitate the habits that grow strong faith- 1 Peter 1:6-7. we do not want you to become lazy but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what
has been promised. don’t put my life on hold. Develop habits and skills to use later. Praying, serving, keep on going to small group Heb 10:25, keep Eccl,
keep on believing
- Trust God instead of panicking -never late or never in hurry
IN DUE TIME
- The Bamboo
- Galatians 6:9(NIV) 9 Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
Hannah Pressure Points
- Pressure from spouse
- Surrounding – year after year
Hannah Bitter Points
- Other people
Hannah Response Points
- Selfless prayer- I Samuel 1:10And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed to the LORD and wept in anguish.11Then she made a vow and said, “O LORD of hosts, if You will indeed look on the affliction of Your maidservant and remember me, and not forget Your maidservant, but will give Your maidservant a male child, then I will give him to the LORD all the days of his life, and no razor shall come upon his head.
- Praise before the son- I Samuel 1:19-20 Then they rose early in the morning and worshiped before the LORD, and returned and came to their house at Ramah. And Elkanah knew Hannah his wife, and the LORD remembered her. 20So it came to pass in the process of time that Hannah conceived and bore a son, and called his name Samuel, saying, “Because I have asked for him from the LORD.”
- Right perspective about God – I Samuel 2:4 “The bows of the mighty men are broken, And those who stumbled are girded with strength. 5Those who were full have hired themselves out for bread, And the hungry have ceased to hunger. Even the barren has borne seven, And she who has many children has become feeble
Sign up for membership
Join the Family of Tower of Grace.
Become a Kingdom Financer
We believe in a lifestyle of a steward and embrace a generosity, as this is the life God encourages.
What’s my next step?
Learn more about your relationship with Jesus Christ