Things Are About to Get Better – Part 2 |
Sunday Service – 15 August 2021
Matthew 14:22-33 (TPT)
22As soon as the people were fed, Jesus told his disciples to get into their boat and to go to the other side of the lake while he stayed behind to dismiss the people. 23After the crowds dispersed, Jesus went up into the hills to pray. And as night fell he was there praying alone. 24But the disciples, who were now in the middle of the lake, ran into trouble, for their boat was tossed about by the high winds and heavy seas. 25At about four o’clock in the morning, Jesus came to them, walking on the waves! 26When the disciples saw him walking on top of the water, they were terrified and screamed, “A ghost!” 27Then Jesus said, “Be brave and don’t be afraid. I am here!” 28Peter shouted out, “Lord, if it’s really you, then have me join you on the water!” 29“Come and join me,” Jesus replied. So Peter stepped out onto the water and began to walk toward Jesus. 30But when he realized how high the waves were, he became frightened and
started to sink. “Save me, Lord!” he cried out. 31Jesus immediately stretched out his hand and lifted him up and said, “What little faith you have! Why would you let doubt win?”32And the very moment they both stepped into the boat, the raging wind ceased. 33Then all the disciples bowed down before him and worshiped Jesus. They said in adoration, “You are truly the Son of God!”
- Your best days are not behind you
- Jesus was their coach. Some lessons a caught than taught. How to live in the vicissitude of life.
- He was in the boat and this time he was not in there. I Am that I Am
- He came walking on the waves and they saw help as harm.
1st He Get Out Of Your Boat
- Peter got out of the boat – do the unconventional
- Step away from man-made support – the boat is the resource both they are afloat.
- Step out of the comfort of your life – in your familiarity, rebellion, independence, worry and anxiety.
- Peter did what the other disciple did not do in the middle of the chaos. God is not controlled by variables. He made a move. Stop paddling between ideas.
- Lord if it is you I will step
2nd He Walked On The Waves
- Peter walk – Finally I got someone to who wants stand on my word “Come”
- He did the supernatural. Walk- make use of the opportunity. He is going to give an opportunity to seize the moment.
3rd He Became Afraid
- Learn to ignore the wind and the water
- Call for help Lord save me
- Jesus stretch his hand
- Peter was to far from he walk and fail and give another chance.
- The storm ceased because it was a test. There are things you cannot learn if you are not in the storm.
Sign up for membership
Join the Family of Tower of Grace.
Become a Kingdom Financer
We believe in a lifestyle of a steward and embrace a generosity, as this is the life God encourages.
What’s my next step?
Learn more about your relationship with Jesus Christ