Sick of Being Stuck
Sunday Service – 14 November 2021
1After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 2Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches. 3 In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water. 4For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of
whatsoever disease he had. 5And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years. 6When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that hehad been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole? 7The impotent man answered him, Sir, I have no man, when the water is troubled, to put me into the pool: but while I am coming, another steppeth down before me. 8 Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk. 9And immediately the man was made whole, and took up his bed, and walked: and on the same day was the sabbath. 10The Jews therefore said unto him that was cured, It is the sabbath day: it is not lawful for thee to carry thy bed. 11He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk. 12Then asked they him, What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk? 13And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place. 14Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee. 15The man departed, and told the Jews that it was Jesus, which had made him whole.
The Man Was Stuck
- Stuck in his condition – you are not your condition
- Stuck in his Superstation v 4
- Stuck in his Tradition – you did it on the wrong day. His willing to break the protocol.
- Skip the party to the pool how
- Sheep gate and wash them there
- Five covered colonnade 5 number of grace
- Five wounds
- Self-justification don’t stay on the mat
- Lose the labels
- Before you walk I want you to want
- Stand on the word
- Cary the thing that has been carrying you beth house of shame and disgrace mercy and grace.
- Wedding changed water into wine
- Nicodemus unless you are born of the spirit and water
- Woman at the well I will give you living water
- Stuck at the pool
- Disciple stuck on the water
- I am the living water
- Blood and water started to flow
Sign up for membership
Join the Family of Tower of Grace.
Become a Kingdom Financer
We believe in a lifestyle of a steward and embrace a generosity, as this is the life God encourages.
What’s my next step?
Learn more about your relationship with Jesus Christ