My Next Move of Faith |
Sunday Service – 04 July 2021
22Immediately Jesus made His disciples get into the boat and go before Him to the other side, while He sent the multitudes away. 23And when He had sent the multitudes away, He went up on the mountain by Himself to pray. Now when evening came, He was alone there. 24But the boat was now in the middle of the sea, tossed by the waves, for the wind was contrary. 25Now in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went to them, walking on the sea. 26And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, “It is a ghost!” And they cried out for fear. 27But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, “Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid. “ 28And Peter answered Him and said, “Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water. “ 29So He said, “Come. And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus. 30But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, “Lord, save me!”31And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” 32And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. 33Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, “Truly You are the Son of God.”
- Faith is hard to explain to somebody
- Faith does not operate where there is a guarantee of victory but faith operates where there is a possibility of defeat.
- There was a wind that was contrary and is dark outside. I heard the Lord said come.
- Faith is translated risk
My 1st Faith Move – Be of good cheer
- Faith move to have proper perspective- Faith requires a proper perspective. Your perspective shapes your prediction of how things will turn out.
- The greatest enemy of your faith is a negative mindset. Faith cannot grow were in the mind that refuses to see the possibility of faith
- What Peter saw caused him to sink
My 2nd Faith Move – It is I
- Faith move to discredit my doubt – the last time he was praying on the mountain now He is with you. Look at resume of health. If it is you. Peter doubt even as he draw closer.
- Faith does not use “if ” but “since”
My 3rd Faith Move – do not be afraid
- Faith move to faces my fear– fear and faith cannot co-exist in the same space.
- Peter’s desire was to come to Jesus. Don’t be afraid.
- Time laps – there nothing like beginning to sink. What could have happened did not happen. There was still time to call on him.
- Not knowing – last year my plans got messed up.
- Abraham took Lot with.
8By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. 9By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: 10For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God
Sign up for membership
Join the Family of Tower of Grace.
Become a Kingdom Financer
We believe in a lifestyle of a steward and embrace a generosity, as this is the life God encourages.
What’s my next step?
Learn more about your relationship with Jesus Christ