Mid-year Prayer and Fasting – July 2021 GUIDE
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8)
Don’t fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God’s wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It’s wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. Philippians 4:6-7 MSG
Since the beginning of the year 2020 was not what any of us expected, we are still seeing the lasting effects and lingering doubts continue in 2021. How can we continue with our lives in this season of uncertainty without prayer?
The crisis is urgent, and I feel powerless. But perhaps feeling small is the best reminder to pray. Prayer is how we actively practice believing, so simply, so confidently, that God has the whole world in his hands. It’s where we “let petitions and praises shape our worries into prayers, letting God know our concerns” (Phil. 4:6–7, The Message). Prayer is never the last resort of God’s people. It is our first point of action.
With that in mind, let me remind you that God delights in answering his people’s prayers.
The Bible encourages us to approach God boldly in prayer (Hebrews 4:16). When we pray according to God’s will (1 John 5:14),
Jesus invites us to ask, seek, and knock. We are to ask persistently of God things that will glorify Him; we are to seek and we will find Him.
When we take such joy in God and His glory, the Bible reminds us that God will give us the desires of our hearts (Psalm 37:4). As we are on the second half of the year, I encourage you to pray with boldness and make big requests of God that bring Him glory. Ask God to do big things in our midst that will advance His kingdom purposes.
Now let’s pray!
Day 1- Personal
- Declare the word of God over your life, reverse words spoken against you by the blood of Jesus.
- Take control over your atmosphere and declare the word of God.
- Declare restoration for lost time, opportunities, money, health & relationships. Proverbs 6:31
- Take back lost territory, dreams, land, marriage, marriage. Obadiah 1:19-20
- Claim and declare your inheritance in Christ.
DAY 2 – Missions
- Pray for the gospel to run swiftly reaching the unchurched and unbelieving neighbours within a five-mile radius of our building.
- Missions: International – Pray that the Lord would allow TOG church to cultivate fruitful gospel partnerships for the spread of the gospel.
- Missions: Resources – Pray that the Lord would provide all the necessary resources of finances, persons, and materials needed to accomplish the church’s mission.
DAY 3 – Healing & Peace
- Pray for healing and protection over our nation. Rebuke the spirit of civil war ( The recent happenings in KZN, ESWATINI etc.) 2Chronicles 7:14
- .Rebuke the spirit of death hovering in the nations. Pray for the sick and infected: for God, to heal, help and Sustain bodies and spirits. Contain the spread of the infection.
- Pray for our local, state, governments, front liners, Teachers, Emergency services etc.: God, help our elected officials as they allocate the necessary resources for combatting this pandemic. Help them to provide more tests.
- Pray for the peace of South Africa and the continent of Africa.
- Pray for the homeless, unable to practice the protocols of social distancing in the shelter system: Protect them from disease, and provide isolation shelters in every city.
- Pray for Christian missionaries throughout the world, especially in areas with high rates of infection: God, provide them with words of hope, and equip them to love and serve those around them.
- Pray for teachers, learners who cannot stay home from work or school, for God to protect them and give them courage.
- Pray for business leaders making difficult decisions that affect the lives of their employees: that God will give these women and men wisdom, and help them to lead self-sacrificially.
- Pray for college and university students, whose courses of study are changing, whose placements are cancelled, and whose graduation is uncertain. To stay clear-minded in the midst of the surrounding panic.
- Pray that God will help Christians in health care to exhibit extraordinary peace, so that many would ask about the reason for their hope. Give them opportunities to proclaim the gospel.
DAY 4 – Church
- Pray for Bishop Solly, Pastor Joyce and all the church leadership.
- .Pray for Unity in the church ‘ Awakening prayer in the church. Psalm 133v 3″
- Pray for all those who are in leadership for the conviction of the holy spirit and for wisdom.1Timothy 2: 1-3
- Pray for the spirit of innovation to come upon the church.
- Pray for strength and inner healing for church leaders.
- Pray for every Christian in every neighbourhood, community, and city: May the Holy Spirit inspire us to pray, to give, to love, to serve, and to proclaim the gospel, that the name of Jesus Christ might be glorified around the world.
DAY 5 – Finances
- Pray for stable economy for our nation and the nations of the world.
- Pray for your personal, family finances, debt cancellations.
- Pray for the supernatural wealth transfer.
- Pray for spiritual awakening and revival.
Day 6 – Families
- Pray for family foundation.
- Release God’s judgement against family alters of unrighteousness. Psalm 75:10
- Pray for children’s safety and their education.
- Pray and claim lives for the youth in the church and in South Africa for the Lord. Joel 2: 25- 26
Day 7 – Thanksgiving
- Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, His mercy endures forever and ever. Psalm 118:1-14
AMEN and AMEN
Daniel Fast Food List
On the Daniel Fast, you eat plant-based meals that are nutritious and delicious, while setting aside other foods as an act of worship and sacrifice to the Lord. The following list explains the categories of foods to eat and foods to avoid on the Daniel Fast. However, keep in mind that not every item may be listed here.
FOODS TO EAT
Amaranth, barley, brown rice, buckwheat, bulgur, freekeh, millet, oats, purple rice, quinoa, rye, sorghum, spelt, teff, whole grain pasta, whole wheat, and wild rice.
Beans and legumes
Black beans, black-eyed peas, cannellini beans, garbanzo beans (chickpeas), great northern beans, kidney beans, lentils, peanuts, pinto beans, and split peas.
Nuts and seeds
Almonds, Brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, nut butters, peanuts (actually legumes but people think of them as nuts), pecans, pepitas (pumpkin seeds), pine nuts, pistachios, poppy seeds, walnuts, sesame seeds, soy nuts, sunflower seeds.
All vegetables are allowed (fresh, frozen, dried, juiced, and canned).
All fruit is allowed (fresh, frozen, dried, juiced, and canned). However, any dried fruit shouldn’t contain added sugar (check ingredients to be sure).
Oils (such as coconut, olive, and sesame, for example) are allowed but should be used minimally. For example, you can sauté foods in olive oil but avoid deep-frying them.
Unleavened bread (whole grain bread made without yeast, sugars, or preservatives. All herbs, spices, and seasonings are allowed, including salt and pepper.
Water should be the main beverage on your Daniel Fast. Distilled, filtered, sparkling, spring, and mineral water are allowed as well. However, you may have 100% fruit juice on occasion (just don’t overdo it).
FOODS TO AVOID
Meat (bacon, beef, bison, chicken, lamb, pork, and turkey), dairy, (butter, cheese, cream, milk, and yogurt), fish/seafood, eggs.
Agave nectar, artificial sweeteners, brown rice syrup, brown sugar, cane juice, corn syrup, honey, malt syrup, molasses, and raw sugar.
Yeast (and, therefore, leavened bread) isn’t part of the Daniel Fast. (For an explanation on why it’s excluded, see #1 under “Food” on my FAQs page.)
White flour and white rice. Only whole grains are allowed on the Daniel Fast. A whole grain product contains the entire grain kernel ― the bran, germ, and endosperm.
Foods that contain artificial flavourings, chemicals, food additives, and preservatives.
Examples are corn chips, French fries, and potato chips. (Baked chips are acceptable if they don’t contain restricted ingredients. Check the label for “baked” to be sure.)
Butter, lard, margarine, and shortening.
Milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, dark chocolate, chocolate syrup, and cacao.
Caffeinated and alcoholic beverages
Alcohol, coffee, caffeinated tea, and energy drinks
(FROM THE ULTIMATE DANIEL FAST)