A MAGNIFICENT MODEL OF MOTHERHOOD
(Kingdom Service Series)
Sunday Service – 08 May 2022
1 Kings 3:16-27
16Now two women who were harlots came to the king, and stood before him. 17And one woman said, “O my lord, this woman and I dwell in the same house; and I gave birth while she was in the house.18“Then it happened, the third day after I had given birth, that this woman also gave birth. And we were together; no one was with us in the house, except the two of us in the house. 19“And this woman’s son died in the night, because she lay on him.20“So she arose in the middle of the night and took my son from my side, while your maidservant slept, and laid him in her bosom, and laid her dead child in my bosom. 21“And when I rose in the morning to nurse my son, there he was, dead. But when I had examined him in the morning, indeed, he was not my son whom I had borne.” 22Then the other woman said, “No! But the living one is my son, and the dead one is your son.” And the first woman said, “No! But the dead one is your son, and the living one is my son.” Thus they spoke before the king. 23And the king said, “The one says,`This is my son, who lives, and your son is the dead one’; and the other says,`No! But your son is the dead one, and my son is the living one.'” “24Then the king said, “Bring me a sword.” So they brought a sword before the king. 25And the king said, “Divide the living child in two, and give half to one, and half to the other.”26Then the woman whose son was living spoke to the king, for she yearned with compassion for her son; and she said, “O my lord, give her the living child, and by no means kill him!” But the other said, “Let him be neither mine nor yours, but divide him.” 27So the king answered and said, “Give the first woman the living child, and by no means kill him; she is his mother.” 28And all Israel heard of the judgment which the king had rendered; and they feared the king, for they saw that the wisdom of God was in him to administer justice.
- Our story of 1990/01/10 we left Tshilidzini Hospital without a manual on how to raise a child.
- We don’t know who she is but what she is a “harlot”
- Where she is standing in the kings place
- How does a harlot wind up in the presence of the king of Israel.
- Kings do not openly promote the presence of prostitutes.
- Solomon with busy agenda entertaining heads of states. You cannot just walk in. She needed to appeal through levels and never give up.
-1- She had case with her child
- She does not going to quit until she sees justice being serve
- Show up don’t stop at schoolboard, don’t stop at the
- He is a harlot but she is a mother
- I thank God for praying mothers
-2- Why does she thinks the other mother will accept the dead child
She Did Not Read Well
- They are either sister or shared the same father
- What I know that the father is absents. But she did what she was suppose to do in order to rescue her child
- Friendly advice to single mother don’t hesitate to go to court.
- She examine the child and refuse to accept the condition I see now.
-3- I will create a test of motherhood
- Do you want him at the expense for what is best for him.
- Are you willing to give up what you want, because that what is best for your child. The real test of motherhood is “SACRIFICE”.
- Once God make a steward with child you no longer live for your self
- We give up girls night
- We give up bags and shoes because the is children’ conference coming up.
- We give up vacation to Bahamas because and leave children with strangers
- Now I know she is his mother
- She is his mother
- From Harlot to Mother
- We remember what more as a mother
- There is a resume in raising a child
- One day the he will have this testimony I had mother.
- Make tomorrow “a mothers day”
Sign up for membership
Join the Family of Tower of Grace.
Become a Kingdom Financer
We believe in a lifestyle of a steward and embrace a generosity, as this is the life God encourages.
What’s my next step?
Learn more about your relationship with Jesus Christ